Cistus is also known as Rock Rose, Rose of Sharon, and Labdanum. Cistus comes from the Greek word "kistos" meaning "evergreen shrub". The word ladanifer is derived from "ledon" meaning "dark resin".
Trans-pinocarveol, bornyl acetate and terpinen-4-ol
- Help treat eczema and psoriasis
- Uplifts the mood and relieves stress
Popular Uses & Benefits
- Helps quiet the mind and may calm
- Stimulates the five senses: touch, feeling, hearing, sight, and taste
- Effective treatment for swollen lymph glands
- A wonderful oil for those who have been traumatized or suffer from a dramatic loss
- Increases lymph drainage, is beneficial for acne & oily skin, as well as wrinkles & mature skin
- Can be used for coughs, colds & bronchitis as well.
- It has been used since the Middle Ages in Europe to treat wounds & ulcers of the skin.
- It is used as a fixative for perfumery.
- Help strengthen and support the immune system.
Directions For Use
Diffusion:Â Use three to four drops in the diffuser
- Apply one to two drops to the desired area.
- Dilute with Cedarwood Atlas, Cedarwood Himalayan, Citronella, Cypress, Frankincense Carteri, Jasmine Absolute, Lavandin, Lemon, Mandarin, Rose Absolute, Sandalwood Australian, Orange Sweet oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
- Keep away from children.
- If pregnant or nursing, consult your doctor.
- Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.